Selected Projects/Experience • Civic and Cultural Producer
Working with the board and staff of Arts Etobicoke, Dina created and facilitated a process to determine the organization's strategic direction and drafted its new three-year strategic plan for 2015-2018.
Canada’s Year of Asia Pacific – Cultural Component
As the National Project Coordinator, Dina worked with Harbourfront Centre Consulting to develop and implement a national cultural program for the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade in conjunction with Canada’s hosting of the Asia Pacific Economic Conference in 1997. She created and managed a national grant competition with regional advisory councils and juries across Canada; supervised the creation of a website, high school education guide and marketing materials; acted as a liaison with political staff; and directed staff across the country. The program supported 425 domestic activities and 27 touring projects from Asia.
Barbara Hall for Mayor Campaign
In 1994, Dina coordinated a successful city-wide mayoral campaign from the campaign launch through to Election Day, including fundraising, marketing and communications, administration and financial management; acting as a liaison between the organization, campaign co-chairs and committee heads; and supervising staff and volunteers.
First Night Toronto – a New Year’s Celebration of the Arts.
Dina founded and produced this family-oriented, culturally diverse festival in downtown Toronto for the first three years of its existence (1990-93). By its third year, it featured over 300 professional and community performers from across Greater Toronto on 22 traditional and non-traditional stages from 6 PM to midnight, drew on the skills of 600 volunteers, partnered with over 70 sales outlets city-wide and attracted an estimated audience of 50,000 people.
• Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall (Massey Hall Centenary)
• Province of Ontario and City of Toronto (Canada Day celebrations)
• Toronto Symphony Orchestra (75th Anniversary Concert and public celebration)
• The Task Force to Bring Back the Don (10th anniversary at the Don Valley Brick Works)
• Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific (Fundraising Gala with Prime Minister Chretien and Queen Noor of Jordan)
• Nightwood Theatre (FemCab/the Five Minute Feminist Cabaret)
• Women’s College Hospital (Launch of Centre for Research in Women’s Health)